Sunday, June 6, 2010

Do we make Birthday Cakes?

I get asked all the time if I make Birthday Cakes  - my answer - a resounding YES.  But this will not be a $40 single layer, throw-some-buttercream-on-it-cake.  I find myself needing to explain a few things, just in case you think you've called the neighborhood cake lady that's working from home.  Our starting price for all special event cakes is $100 - here's what you get for your investment:

My cakes are not grocery store quality (shipped in frozen from some factory).  I say this because I've worked in grocery store bakeries many years of my life, I know from experience.  Most don't actually bake anything other than bread these days.  You will get to choose from my custom flavor selection.  (Yes, your birthday cake can be an Island Lime margarita inspired flavor!)  Next, your cakes will not be baked until just days before the event to ensure a moist, delicious crumb.  Oh yeah, did I mention my cakes are made from scratch?

I need at least 1 week notice for all cakes - Why?  I don't bake in my home, I have a commercial cake studio, but I'm not there all the time.  Your cake will be special and it will require time, research, prep and planning.  I often make gumpaste "elements" a few days in advance so they have time to set before placing them on the cake.  This is the #1 reason most cakes can't be made within a day or two. I like to build in plenty of design time.  When you call me, we will discuss design ideas for your cake, you tell me what you would like to see, and I'll add in some flair where appropriate.  You will always get a sketch to review so that we know our ideas align!

Your cakes will be delivered and set up by me also.  This is now a piece of art, and I don't want your or I to take any chances making sure it reaches your party  perfectly.  I bring a repair kit to all deliveries - just in case! 

If you're a fan of Ace of Cakes, Cake Boss, Ultimate Cake Off - you know what can be done with cake.  Let's put our heads together and make something fantastic for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment